The Northern Tribal Technical Assistance Program (Northern TTAP) provides transportation outreach and technical assistance to tribes across the Upper Great Plains and Intermountain West. The program works with American Indian tribal governments to build tribal capacity in program management, grow the tribal workforce, cultivate and coordinate partnerships, facilitate technology transfer and the implementation of innovations, and share results of similar initiatives across the country.
The program is a collaboration led by the Upper Great Plains Transportation Institute at North Dakota State University and includes the Western Transportation Institute at Montana State University, as well as South Dakota State University, and the University of Wyoming.
The Northern TTAP will draw on local road expertise and experience extended through FHWA-funded Local Technical Assistance Centers:
- Montana Local Technical Assistance Program
- North Dakota Local Technical Assistance Program
- Nebraska Local Technical Assistance Program
- South Dakota Local Transportation Assistance Program
- Wyoming Technology Transfer Center